Old May 27th 04, 08:37 AM
Tracy

"RobZip" wrote in message ...

This is one of the things I encounter doing wildlife rehab. A surprising
number of cat owners don't think their cat will hunt and kill when outside
and doubt their ability to do so. Cats are very effective predators by
nature. The old sage advice among rehab people here is that even a well fed,
mostly indoor cat will hunt and kill something at least every third time it
is outside. Not to be laying any sort of accusatory trip on you but,
surprise - you got yourself a hunter there!

I think the old sage advice is a little overdone. I have two
indoor/outdoor cats that have been out every day for well over a year
and between the pair they've killed two sparrows, one mouse, a fair
amount of butterflies and crickets and one gecko (who was clutched
from the jaws of death and re-released outside). That's it.