Old July 11th 07, 08:21 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Little Hawk

Default cats and new pet door

William Graham wrote:
"snydley" wrote in message
We just installed a pet door in our sliding glass door's screen door and
are trying to get our cats to use it with no success. If we hold it open
for them we can get 1 of them to walk through, but the other 3 are either
scared or confused by it. Can anyone give us any suggestions on how to
train these guys to use it?
Thanks,
Snyde

Simple. When a cat wants out, pick him up and push him through the cat door.
When they want back in, go out another door, and then pick them up and
thrust them through the cat door the other way.....It won't take them long
before they learn to do it themselves.......

you hope or they could expect you to do that all the time

just leave a treat on the otherside of the door?