Old July 21st 03, 08:24 PM
Doug Bashford

Sandra :

- Do you really want a cat?

That was my impression. Cat owners are of a certain
personality type. It might be best for all to find
the cat a new home while he's still a kitten and before
emotional bonds form.

Regarding the alergy, it's typical for there to be a delay
....you are getting sensitized to the alergin. I'm surprised
it happened so fast, it may get worse for a few weeks, then
much more slowly worse for a few years.
If your emotional ties can bear it, I suggest getting
rid of the cat. I think drugs and such are only for
people who have no other choice...perhaps a strong bond.
--Doug

- Generally, having a pet will make it
- necessary for you to make some adjustments to your own lifestyle --
- pet-proofing your home, spending time with your cat, getting some
- benefit of companionship in return.
-
- Just as a suggestion, adult cats are generally less of a nuisance than
- kittens. They're not as over-energetic at inappropriate times, and
- you can often tell a bit more about their personalities before you
- adopt them, so that you won't bring home a total lap fungus when you
- really want a low-maintenance independent type of cat, or vice versa.
-
- -Sandra