Old March 11th 06, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT My father died

"Bridget" wrote in message
I'm sure there are those of you who remember my father and the sagas of
him and his cat Charlie.

Of course!

I'm so sorry for your loss. OTOH, I'm glad he isn't suffering any more,
that you were able to be on good terms with him, and that you have good
memories of time with him, and that you know you did all you could for him.

The memories probably hurt right now, but eventually they will be
comforting.

It's almost 20 years since my father died. It still hurts sometimes, but,
like yours, he was pretty miserable toward the last, and he hated being
helpless, so there is/was relief as well as pain.