Old December 7th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default [OT] Need Medical Translation

Ted Davis wrote:

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:20:00 -0600, CatNipped wrote:

I *SO* miss Howard Berkowitz right now! ; I'm hoping there is maybe
someone else in the group that could help me translate the "findings" of
my MRI.

I recently had the MRI done to see if we could pinpoint the injury to my
neck that I did 18 month ago. This is the "findings" and I have *NO* idea
what they mean (and can't get in to see the doctor for him to interpret
for quite some time).

Examination of the C3-C4 level shows significant compromise of the right
neural foramen due to hypertrophic bone arising from the uncinate process
and also from the posterior elements. This constitutes significant right
side foraminal stenosis at V3-C4.

All this sounds quite scary and I would appreciate any help you could give
me in translating the above to English! ;

It all means your neck hurts, and possibly also your right arm and
shoulder, or face. I had a not dissimilar diagnosis (except no MRI, adn
C4-C5) a while back - the orthopedic surgeon assured me I would have to
have my neck fused within two years. That was almost thirty-five years ago
and I still haven't had it done.

I'm a great believer in trying all the less invasive methods
of therapy before resorting to surgery! Sometimes
chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate the pain, even
if they can't cure the condition. Too bad I can't send you
to my California chiropractor - I KNOW he is ethical, and
doesn't claim he can treat conditions he cannot. (I was
there when he advised an ex ballet-dancer with back problems
that he needed to consult an orthpaedic surgeon - that did a
lot to give me confidence in his diagnoses.)