Old November 7th 03, 05:55 PM
Sherry

Not really, considering the cost *includes* shipping. Considering a good
cat tree can last for 10 years or more, I consider a few hundred dollars
to be reasonable and justified.

The cat trees we've made will probably outlast the house. But it's the carpet
that takes the wear and tear. I've begun to really prefer using upholstery
material. It also wears out and gets clawed up, but it seems so much easier to
replace than the carpet. And if you're so inclined to have your stuff perfectly
coordinated and matched (I'm not!).....there's alot of fabric available to
choose from. I like the sisal on the post parts, too, it seems more durable.
(Does anyone but me collect the claw sheaths off the cat tree? LOL. Thought
not.)

Sherry