Old December 17th 04, 08:05 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-17, Zythophile penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

snip

A lot of houses have open floorplans. My kitchen has two entrances,
neither of which has a door.

I didn't think of that. I've never lived in an open plan house, so it didn't
occur to me.

I love the feel of having so much space, but there are certainly downsides.
For one thing, if I'm trying to sleep, my husband can't watch TV ... the sound
travels *everywhere*.

Did you shower before you entered the house?

Not before entering the house, but first trip was to the bathroom. Mind you
i do remember my mother threatening to hose me down on more than one
occaision. Like most kids, I was a muck magnet.

My mom threatened me with that, too =)

True. Those of us who choose to have cats know we have to make compromises
in our lifestyles to accommodate them. We all make the compromises that we
are comfortable with. I feel for the OP because he's having to make
compromises for someone else's cats. What greater love hath any man than to
put up with someone else's pets? Mmm.. I know the answer to that - putting
up with someone else's kids :-)

I agree that it would be tough living with a pet if you wouldn't have chosen
that pet on your own. And I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say
that pet-rearing theories are as varied as kid-rearing theories. For example,
I would have a real hard time living in a house where cats are allowed on the
dinner table ... even during dinner. I had a high school boyfriend whose
family thought that was cute. It grossed me out. Other people would be fine
with that; it just bugs me.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!