Old December 19th 04, 03:19 AM
KellyH

"Zythophile" wrote in message

Do you have to let the cats in the kitchen when you're not there? I never
leave my cats unattended in the kitchen. In fact if they could come and go
from the house without going through the kitchen, they'd not be allowed in
the kichen at all. If I ever found one on the worktop, I think it'd take
20 litres of Dettol before i could even think of cooking in there.

My kitchen doesn't have a door, so I don't know how I would block it off
anyway. The only reason I might not let cats in the kitchen is if there was
something unsafe in there.

Personally, I think you're overreacting - the cats sleep in your bed,
right?

Yuk! What a horrible thought!

What a horrible thought??? What a wonderful thought! I love having the
cats in bed. NewCat always sleeps right above my head, purring. I can't
think of a nicer way to fall asleep. Although I do wish she would let me
have more of the pillow.

Yes, and I always wash my hands after stroking them. I know that the
stress reduction in having and stroking pets is beneficial for health and
that being exposed to the bugs that pets carry is good for the immune
system, but a bit of basic hygiene makes me feel more relaxed.

OMG, Dude! You need to chill! If I washed my hands every time I pet a cat,
I would be washing them all day.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net