Old August 30th 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
tivoglio

Default Magic the beautiful guy

On Aug 26, 3:14*pm, Rene wrote:
Hello,

While I am not a vet, I have learned a lot about cats and cat
nutrition. Have you considered that he might have a food allergy?
Things like corn are common allergens in cats. IMO I would try feeding
him a high-quality wet diet, one with NO grains, for 6-8 weeks, and
see how he does. IMO I would not feed him any Hills/prescription food.
If you look at the ingredient list, it is scary. There are much better
diets out there, like Nature's Variety (canned or raw), Innova Evo
(canned), Wellness (canned), among others.

Good nutrition will help him in many ways. Any dry food doesn't have
enough moisture in it, and too many carbohydrates. Here is a great
nutrition web site with lots of information:http://www.catinfo.org

Rene

Rene, thanks for thinking about us. I have indeed visited the catinfo
web site, and I'm convinced that his diet must be changed to something
grain-free, especially corn. I've ordered a case of Innova Evo Venison
95%, and it should be here by the end of the week. Then, I will take
Magic off the Hill's (yes, it does have a rather disturbing ingredient
list), and I will feed him the Evo twice a day.I will stop his
prednisolone, add a few supplements like a probiotic, hold my breath,
and forge ahead.

I'll post again after this diet has been in effect for a few weeks,
and hopefully I'll spread nothing but good cheer.

Thanks again,
Tom