Old March 15th 04, 07:47 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Exocat wrote:

Thanks for reading it all, I think he deserved it.
Before Kensey, Aries my half-Siamese was extremely similar in
temperament and behaviour in many ways, but he only scored 118 on that
neat IQ tester some kind sould pointed us to the other week. Kensey
undoubtedly did better, whereas my current crop, lovely though they
are, can't compete.

Soon after his arrival Kensey sussed out where I kept his kibbles
(served as a treat toping to his canned food & which he rarely started
eating without) and a way of opening that spring-loaded kitchen
cupboard door: he'd lie underneath, head & front paws in the recess of
the plinth, attach claws and pry the door open, then pass it along to
his upraid back feet and powerfully kick it to 90 degrees, where it
would then stay while he dragged out the kibble bag and tore it open
to eat his fill.

I put a flexible plastic catch on the door, half-way up, so it would
only open when an inserted hoomin finger flexed back the hook: he
could never contort himself enough to reach! Yet he forgave me,
eventually.

I forgot to mention his manners: when coming inside, he'd never go
direct to his food-bowl, or the place where it would be put once I'd
got off my butt & done the necessary, without first finding me &
having a kiss & cuddle. And after eating his fill he'd invariably seek
me out for another session before going of to attend to grooming or
other important business. A true gentleman.

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Exocat

I, too, enjoyed the previous story about Kensey. The original post has
fallen off my server before I could respond, but thank you for posting
that and this followup. I truly enjoyed reading it.

Julie