Old June 19th 05, 04:21 PM
Norm

Annie Wxill wrote:

At one time we had VPI with the vaccination rider. The rider wasn't worth
it because our vet charged less than the cost of the rider. So we dropped
the rider but kept the insurance. When Moxie came down with pancreas and
liver problems, the insurance did cover some of our costs.
They do offer group rates, which might help you some. You do have to file
claims, and that is a hassle. You also have to be aware of deductibles and
limits on certain conditions.
We now have the catastrophic insurance for Cinder and Rosie (Moxie
eventually died). Cinder costs $13.34 and Rosie costs $10.57 a month. I'm
still not convinced it is worth it. I think that the suggestion to set
aside a certain amount to cover those things could be a better idea.
Annie

My feeling is that it's not worth it but that's a good suggestion, to
invest the equivalent against the unhoped-for-day. But what investment
returns what our babies are worth? Norm

--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got." via Nat King Cole