Old September 11th 05, 08:39 PM
kilikini

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
news:%E%Ue.324251$_o.206180@attbi_s71...
Not that any self-respecting cat *would* purr for any TED, but he's been
feeling ill for a long time, and just a couple weeks ago, they found a
potato-sized tumor in his colon. It was cancerous. They check his lymph
nodes and all seemed fine, but he has to go through chemo anyway as a
just-in-case.

The vet clinic he runs (he actually *owns* it) is small, and he is the

only
actual vet there, with his wife as the main vet-tech and a couple of other
techs. Since he's been out, there have been a couple of other vets

rotating
through, who are semi-retired (they don't actually practice anymore, but
have kept their licenses up to date so they can if they want to, like

now).

I offered any kind of help she may need to Lynn (his wife), even if it's
taking a list to the grocery and loading up the SUV with a couple weeks
worth of food or coming in to the clinic on a weekend and feeding the
resident cats and any patients staying (please leave full instructions so

don't give one the wrong food). His wife is getting stressed, what with
handling the business & scheduling the temp-vets, doing her horse training
(most of her clients for that are very understanding), shuttling her DH to
doctor appointments. She told me that she's resorting to 'comfort food' -
mainly ships & salsa, which doesn't help settle her stomach very much at
all.

Please purr (or if the kitties refuse, pray) for Micheal to get better, as
we really like taking our pets to him - he cares about their welfare, and
their prices are about average for this area (and they are less than a 5
minute drive from the house, unless you get caught in rush-hour traffic).

If anyone wants their snail mail address to send a get-well or cheer-up
card, please email me privately and I will give it.

Oh, I'm so sorry, MMJ. Here's hoping that your vet gets better soon! I
hate to hear things like this.

kili