Old August 20th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Default Cystitis and excessive belly licking

I'm bothered by this though - it's a visible indication that she's
uncomfortable, even if she's not showing clinical signs. She's licked
to the point of self-mutilation before, so I'm keeping a close eye on this.

She's been eating almost only wet food for a couple of weeks, but it
hasn't made a difference to this behavior. Is it too soon?

Is there anything I could give her to either make her more comfortable,
or at least to keep her from licking?

While I admit that I don't know a lot about Meep's condition, it does
sound like she's uncomfortable. Have you asked your vet about her
taking a low-dose pain medication, that you could give when she starts
licking? It may or may not work, but it might be worth a try. The only
thing you could probably do to stop the licking is have her wear an E-
collar, but that might make her stressed and end up making things
worse.

Poor gal. Hope she's feeling better soon.