Old March 19th 04, 06:57 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:16:09 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:49:25 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

The big deal is cats need company and stimulation. How would you

like
to be trapped in a house all weekend with nobody to play with?!

Would
you leave a child alone all weekend so long as it was healthy and
enough food and water? I don't think so.

What about if the cat has kitty companions and someone looking
in on them twice a day?

I would say that's fine (again, only my opinion!) . Having companions,
feline, canine or otherwise, and some human intervention to check up
on them is fine - leaving a solitary cat alone in a house for 24-48
hours isn't fine. What stimulation do they have? Nothing to chase,
nothing to snuggle up with, nothing to distract them. What a boring
existance that would be :-(