Old January 2nd 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Cat Won't Stop Pawing Doors

on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:31:56 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

Hello, I have had my cat from over a year now. He's been declawed and
neutered since I've owned him.

How recently was he declawed? This could be a behavioral by product of
that procedure.

In any case, I'd do what Celeste recommended and let him in the closet.
Don't get up and feed him, or you'll teach him that he will get fed by
waking you up.

If letting him into the closet doesn't help, I'd be a big meanypants and
shut him in a room far from my bedroom. That will probably break him of
the habit in just a couple of nights. Or at least you won't hear him.

--
Lynne