View Single Post
Old October 30th 10, 04:49 PM
Banned

First recorded activity by CatBanter: Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf[_2_] View Post
Looks like a very pretty cat! Somebody is surely missing him/her
He looks a lot better now that he's hydrated and has had some time to groom himself. He's a sweet, beautiful cat. I'll have a hard time giving him to his old or new people.

Quote:
Put up some flyers in the neighborhood, with a picture of the cat
We don't have electric posts or anything like that to tack signs to here, but I'll put up some at local stores that have bulletin boards today.

Quote:
Contact nearby shelters and vet clinics.
Already done. I phoned and faxed all the vets in 20 miles, and had the cat (Now known as (Tiny) Tim because he's so thin and hungry, and has an injured leg.) scanned for an ID chip.

Quote:
Include a photo, but if there are any distinguishing marks, keep one OFF
the fliers and craigslist.com ad, so you can screen OUT somebody who
doesn't actually OWN that cat.

Black cats can be at much greater risk around Halloween
This cat isn't going anywhere until after Halloween. I've heard the stories too, and wouldn't take a chance.

Quote:
There are a LOT of nut jobs on craigslist, but it gets a lot of
exposure, and it's free.
The Internet taught me how crazy people can be, but I've been lucky enough to only encounter cheapskates on Craigslist, rather than complete freaks.

Quote:
Thank you for taking care of this very lucky (NOW!) cat.

He or she might not have survived much longer, and the weather isn't
getting any warmer, that's for sure!
It makes me happy to do so. He would have died soon for sure. He was emaciated, dehydrated, injured, and infected. Add the colder nights and he would have been gone.

He's already filling out noticeably, and has wiped out a supply of moist cat food that would have lasted my cats until Wednesday at least. I have a big grin on my face watching him gobble up the food while purring.

A vet cleaned a foot wound and put him on antibiotics for a fever, and he seems to be getting stronger. I also met a cat-person at the vet who wants to adopt him, so I'm confident that this cat will one way or another have a very loving home from now on.