Old December 4th 04, 01:33 AM
Jo Firey

My Mom liked to iron. She would iron and watch TV in the evening even after
she went back to work and had perma prest stuff.

I love ironed sheets and handkerchiefs, but not to the point where I am
willing to iron them. About once a year as a treat for myself I'll take
some of my stuff to the local laundry and have it ironed, and look a little
better dressed for a while.

Jo
"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
I'm puzzled about why it would occur to someone to give a toy iron for a
present. It's like giving a kid a toy litter box and scoop to play with.
mean, does anyone find ironing remotely enjoyable? Am I missing
something?

I know some people who do, they say they find it relaxing. I can kind of
see that, although I can't share it. Repetitive motions can be relaxing,
almost meditative. I was taught all the housewifely skills as a girl,
including ironing everything, even bras, underpants and towels. But a lot
of it didn't take; I only iron when I'm sewing or when I am getting ready
for work. It struck me years ago that it was silly to iron the laundry
before putting it away, and then iron it again (because most of my
clothing is cotton) before going to work. So I only do it before work.

Some people like giving children things the can use to pretend being
adults - miniature stoves, tools, musical instruments etc. I always wanted
the real thing.

--
Cheryl