Old September 13th 03, 04:29 PM
MaryL

"SexyGirl" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

My cat was just put on heart medication and I attempted to give it to
her this morning. She is not big on treats so putting it in cheese or
bologna wouldn't work and she spit it out when I tried to pill her. I
really stressed her out which is something the vet said shouldn't be
done. Any advice for giving medicine to a cat would be greatly
appreciated. Are there some treats out there that no cat would pass
up? My cat seems to have a problem eating anything that is not hard
food.

Thanks, Shannon

Since your cat does not want to accept the pill mixed with her food, you
will probably need to administer it yourself. Some people use "pill guns."
They are available at pet stores and may be available from your vet. I
haven't used them, but others on this group may be able to describe it. I
administer pills by dropping the pill into the cat's mouth. Go to this site
(below) and click on "How To Give Your Cats Medicine." That will bring up a
leaflet with illustrations that shows how to do it. Be sure to gently hold
your cat's mouth closed and stroke its neck until you are sure that she has
swallowed the pill. Otherwise, she may spit it up.

Go to this location: http://www.allaboutpets.org.uk/catindex4.html#cat15

MaryL