Old August 15th 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dragoman

Default Cat breeding

John Doe wrote:
Dragoman wrote:

I've been lurking in this group for a while

Apparently, Drag, you are nym-shifting or you are new to USENET.
The "STFU" comment suggests that you are new to USENET (or maybe
just trolling).

First of all, it is 'Drago'. Second, what a ridiculous comment. STFU has
a long-lasting noble pedigree on Usenet, just like RTFM.

For some reason, this dogma assumes that all cats are equal, and
if you want a kitten, go to the shelter where they're
overflowing. Would that be the same advice you would give to
people that want to have children

But of course there is a big difference, Drag. Whether you pick up
a cat from a shelter or from a breeder, in either case you are not
bearing a child.

You are not bearing a child when you pick one up from an orphanage
either. What's your point?

After all, they are /not/ created equal

In your opinion, Drag.

Well, they are not. It's not a matter of opinion, just the way things
are. Natural selection wouldn't work if everybody was equal.

The same way one would not adopt just any kitty from a shelter,
and would skip the ugly, dumb, sick and inferior

To each his own, Drag. I do not adopt cats from a shelter, I take
them directly off of the street. The only qualification is that
the cat appears to be in need and that I have room/time for
another.

This is so only if your goal is a quixotic quest to save all cats. Mine
(and I believe most cat lovers') is not. I don't want to save all cats,
I just want to find the one that will be my friend and companion, and
such are rare and far between. You are not friends with all people you
know either; why should it be any different with cats?