Old October 4th 04, 03:49 PM
jmcquown

Default Truck Purrs

Or should I say mechanic purrs? Or purrs for John?

John called this morning. Even though he had his truck completely
overhauled (by that I mean everything wrong fixed) before he drove up to
Kansas, there's another problem. It's either the starter, solonoid or
ignition switch (it's a 10 year old but reliable 22-foot box truck).
Luckily his friend Gary, whom I met at the last Kansas show in the Spring,
was at this show. He drove him to a motel. They've got to find a fast
mechanic and have it towed. He needs to get it fixed today if he can, or no
later than early tomorrow morning, in order to get to St. Louis to pick me
up Wednesday morning.

Just in case, I took some extra cash out of the bank today. If things don't
work out I'll have to find a cheap motel right by the airport and wait for
him to get there. Luckily, setup for the show is not until Friday, 10/8.
But we were hoping to have a couple of days together before that time.

So, purrs for whichever is most appropriate, please?

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.