Old July 24th 03, 09:18 PM
Cap'n Stinky

(Messalina) wrote in message . com...
We adopted two kittens several weeks ago. One handsome snowshoe named
Hiro, one lovely tortie named Lola. Mostly I'm finding that having
each other to drag around and pounce on keeps them out of trouble.
Mostly.

They do the usually "nighttime is playtime" thing, no big deal. Last
night, however, was a new one on me. At 2:30am, I awoke to the sound
of my hairdryer running. The kittens had not only managed to knock my
dryer from its place, they managed to turn it on in the process.

Mez

I had a cat that figured out how to open doors using doorknobs. She
would fiddle with the nob until it opened. But one time she fiddled
with the nob in such a way that she locked the door. She was locked in
a room and there was no way for us to get in as the keys were in the
room with her. We had to call a locksmith to get her out.

In another apartment, the cat learned to open the front door by
leaping up and hitting the latch while pushing the door with her feet
all in one motion. But she'd never close the door after she came
through so we had to start locking it. We'd hear her hurling herself
at the door for hours trying to open it instead of just using the open
back window. Stubborn cat.