Old January 17th 10, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Shylock

Default HELP MY CAT!!!

On Jan 14, 12:24*am, jimmy naron wrote:
Hello,
I have a cat and his name is Hendrix. He is about 10 months old. We
recently left him with our neighbors and upon our return we discovered
he has a strange discharge coming from his nose which is like a brown
color. The membranes in his eyes are protruding upward almost making
him look cross-eyed. He is very lethargic and is sleeping a lot. His
eyes are very runny. Our neighbors that we *had cat sit, have a cat
and a pet rat. Their house smells really bad (like kitty crap and
urine) so it probably wasn't the best place for him to stay. At any
rate, we don't know what he may have or what to do because we are
broke from the holidays and our cat needs some kind of assistance.
Thanks

Hello,

Kitty is very sick, and needs you now. He needs medicine. If youhave
any leftover antibiotics in your house, from your own doctor, divide
the dose you took in about 4 and give him the 1/4 dose once a day
until you can get him to the Vet. Also smear some Neosporin up his
nose couple times a day. Use cotton ball or tip of wascloth dipped in
Bactine and wash his outer eyes (donot put it IN his eyes). If he
werenot so sick for so long, this treatment would probably work within
24/48 hours.

There is a disease called something like Rihno bla bla for which you
couldhave gotten shots for him. When you take him to the Vet. you
should maybe consider still getting him that shot, because i doubt
hewill ever get over this (soon to become) chronic condition.

Some kitties are like babies, they need their shots, while others seem
to never get any illness. Your kitty, as you now know, is very human-
like, so from now on you will do much better with his care . . . I
think the breed and breeding has a lot to do with it a kitty's health.

Truly

Truth will set you free, said Jesus, in John 8:32. So does this mean
weare in slavery? Yup.