Old March 10th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The little thing's sore on hind leg is back. Depo?

cybercat wrote:

Wilbur--YES, Depo works well for us. My cat has the same thing your
cat does--linear granuloma-- plus asthma, so the Depo Medrol is a Godsend.
Be forwarned that you have to keep it to a minimum, because it increases
a kitty's susceptibility to diabetes. I believe Rhonda had a cat that got
diabetes after a single Depo shot. However, I have been giving Gracie
Depo shots for over three years, and she has no side effects. (I can't tell
you if it works better than any other treatment because it is all we have
used.
I can tell you that she most she gets is four shots a year, and there are
some
years she has had only two. The vet says, more often than every two months
really increases the diabetes risk.

The vet thinks she has what he calls a "licky granuloma".

I am pretty sure she said "linear granuloma."

Lick granuloma is a different thing. It's caused from licking a spot
repeatedly - not the same as "linear granuloma" which is bacially a
manifestation of eosinophilic granuloma on the body. You see lick
granulomas in animals that have separation anxiety, are senile, or
those who lick out of boredom.
-L.