Old March 27th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default DING DING DING!!!! Cat owners please help!

"paws2 via CatKB.com" u28812@uwe wrote in message
wrote:

..snipped...

Here's my problem, diligently observing her my wife felt a tiny bump
in her other front leg. We both think that it maybe normal but we
have no other leg to feel to see if the bump is symetrical to her
other leg. Can someone check their cat and see if they also have this
small bump?

Its located in the back of the front leg about an inch above the
"thumb" pad, but below the elbow - directly in line with thumb pad.

..snipped...

Hi,

From your description, what you feel is a whisker (vibrissa/e) pad and if
you
look carefully, you will see whiskers growing out of the pad area. Many
cat
people are not aware these whisker pads exist. They serve the same
function
as facial whiskers in that they help cats assess the space around them as
well as locate objects or prey and assess their size.

So sorry your kitty and you had to go through the trials of fibrosarcoma,
but
I am glad she has adapted well to the amputation and given her history, I
can well understand your worry about any "bump".

Hope this is helpful.

WE HAVE A WINNER! And interesting, informative, non-boring,
non-depressing on-topic post!!

wooooo hooooooooooooo!

Thank you very much.