Old November 22nd 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

Default Smudgie's New Toy

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message

Smudgie has a large box of toys. The other day I heard her zooming around
upstairs so went to see what she
was up to. She had found about a yard of thin ribbon from somewhere, she
probably pilfered it from one of my craft boxes, although I do make sure
lids are on. Anyway, she was having the most amazing fun playing with the
ribbon but I was worried she might try to eat it. I took one of her old
dangly toys and attached the ribbon to it in the middle, leaving two dangly
pieces.
Sharon

Good move, Sharon. That way she can't swallow the ribbon. It's the time of
year for the annual warning to keep ribbons, tinsel and similar stuff away
from our kitties. They like to eat it for some reason known only to cats.
Years ago one of ours swallowed some tinsel. Fortunately it came out the
other end, but it made a very curious Christmas decoration dangling from a
kitty-bum!