Old November 22nd 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Smudgie's New Toy

On Nov 22, 9:30*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
Smudgie has a large box of toys, most of which she doesn't like and has
never played with. *Everything from dangly toys to ping pong balls - the
only thing she does like is the catnip mice.

The other day I heard her zooming around upstairs so went to see what she
was up to. *She had found about a yard of thin ribbon from somewhere, she
probably pilfered it from one of my craft boxes, although I do make sure
lids are on. *Anyway, she was having the most amazing fun playing with the
ribbon but I was worried she might try to eat it. *I took one of her old
dangly toys and attached the ribbon to it in the middle, leaving two dangly
pieces. *She liked it but I figured she would soon grow bored with it. *She
hasn't! *She sits on the floor next to it until I play with her, if I ignore
her she meows and meows until I play with her. *If I ignore her meows she
starts biting my feet and legs until I play with her!

I'm so pleased she finally has a toy she loves, but I'm exhausted ......

Sharon

Once Rusty (RB) somehow managed to get out of a covered bin his
favourite
feather toy. More than once I found he got toy or food out of covered
containers.
Don't know how he did it.

Winnie