Old November 22nd 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Default Smudgie's New Toy

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in
:

Smudgie has a large box of toys, most of which she doesn't like and
has never played with. Everything from dangly toys to ping pong balls
- the only thing she does like is the catnip mice.

The other day I heard her zooming around upstairs so went to see what
she was up to. She had found about a yard of thin ribbon from
somewhere, she probably pilfered it from one of my craft boxes,
although I do make sure lids are on. Anyway, she was having the most
amazing fun playing with the ribbon but I was worried she might try to
eat it. I took one of her old dangly toys and attached the ribbon to
it in the middle, leaving two dangly pieces. She liked it but I
figured she would soon grow bored with it. She hasn't! She sits on
the floor next to it until I play with her, if I ignore her she meows
and meows until I play with her. If I ignore her meows she starts
biting my feet and legs until I play with her!

I'm so pleased she finally has a toy she loves, but I'm exhausted

Sharon

She might like the "cat dancer" toy if you attached 2 ribbons to it. Hung
somewhere high, she could play all day by herself.

Bobble