Old December 6th 16, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

Default Baby scores a lizard

On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 22:09:29 -0500, dgk wrote:

My eyes noted a shiny black plastic storage bin that wasn't otherwise
occupied, so I picked it up and estutely noticed the rather large
lizard that had somehow gotten inside but couldn't climb up the
slippery plastic walls to get out again. Naturally I set it free
outside, but if it hadn't been for the tomato plants, that lizard
would have died in the container. I suspect that the lizard has no
idea how lucky he/she was.

GLyN had a phase, a few years ago, when he seemed fixated on lizards.
When I caught him with one, I'd rescue it and set it free away from
our yard. Then he developed a fascination with birds, especially the ones
on the canopies over the yard. The noise they made up there would really
drive him batty, but he seldom managed to catch one.

Today, I heard from the next door neighbor that GLyN has recently become
the head of the local anti-gopher league, and is making sure that NO
gopher in the hood is save. He even creates his own 'blind' to rest in
near a hole, while he waits for a head to pop up and be in range.