Old February 10th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Cricket for Americans

"David Stevenson" wrote in message

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man
that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes
in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all
out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes
out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men
still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him
out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out
and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out
all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both
sides have been out twice after all the men have been in,
including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Clear now? ))

Perfectly clear to me, but I'm a Brit. Cricket is a strange game for
foreigners..
Tweed ;-)