Old November 2nd 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT Joke mature rating

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Oct 30, 10:13 am, wrote:
Might be an age thing, rather than location. I don't know how much
that
term is used today. (UK folks, can you verify?) It was very common when
I was young, in the 1960s. I heard it a lot because of the "British
Invasion" - pop music from England, starting with the Beatles and opening
a wave of British pop groups, that dominated American pop radio for
several
years in the 60s.

"Bird" as slang for a female is still used in England (It's probably
where the American expression "Chicks" comes from) although not as
much these days- it's been used for as long as I've been around (50
years)

But of course the question remains- why are women called birds?

Answer: Because of the worms we pick up!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I was thinking of why they call you chicks all the hen pecking your do to
us and clucking you do around each other
evil smile
running for cover