Old October 6th 16, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Marlo returns?

jmcquown wrote:

On 10/5/2016 4:20 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Best of luck! I'm in southern South Carolina. I've been watching the
Hurricane Matthew storm track. It's actually a pretty slow-moving
hurricane. Strong, but slow.

Isn't slow-moving a bad thing? Storms do a lot more damage when they
stop and hang out in an area for a while, than they would do if they just
kept moving by.

I dunno. I've lived here for years and never had to leave. Lots of the
neighbors packed up and left. I'm just sitting here looking at a whole
lot of nothing in terms of weather. It's not even raining but people
left in droves.

I'm prepared to hunker down; I always am. I'm less prepared to try to
figure out where the heck I'd actually *go* with a cat in tow. 100
miles inland to... where?

Well, that's true. Years ago my mom and two sisters (and associated SO's)
packed up from the east coast of Florida and drove to Georgia... without a
plan for where they would stay. The ended up at a church where a pastor
was providing sleeping space for hurricane "refugees" from Florida. This
was hurricane Andrew, btw, one of the notorious ones.

--
Joyce

I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare
odors. -- Cat Resolutions