Old September 30th 16, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Iowna checks things out

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[Rebecca observes]

Mr. BobCat, yoo kum wif myownself fur a minnit.

[She leads the bobcat through the 'porter to the Fluffykitz
warehouse, to the cat food section. She pulls down a big bag of cat
food, and they watch as the warehouse automation immediately replaces
it on the shelf.]

Dere, see? Da warehowse alwaze replacez whutever we takes. Yoo seem
to be a leeder type, so itz impurrtant dat yoo keepz up yurown
strenth so yoo kan hewp the utherz. So rite now I wantz yoo to eet
yurown fill. We iz not leevin da warehowse until yoo duz.

[The bobcat is reluctant, but he sees that Rebecca means business, so
he starts eating. He goes slowly at first, but then takes great
mouthfuls. When he is finished, he gives a big burp, and they both
laugh.]

Datz betterer. Now juss hold on a minnit wile I takez kare uv
sumfing...

[Rebecca pulls up the Fluffykitz app on her catmunicator and gives it
instructions to make regular deliveries to the canyon until further
notice, starting immediately.]

Dere. Now dere will be delifuriez efurry day uv fudz fur awl da
aminalz in da canyon. If yoo needz to chang enneefing -- like how
much, or how offin, or whut to send, or whare to put it -- yoo juss
kum bak heer to da warehowse an tawk into dis mikrophone an say whut
iz needed. Dere iz purrpared fudz like I juss givved yoo, or yoo kan
hav meetz or vejiblez or whutever iz best fur efurrywun.

So whut shud we take bak wif ussez rite now?

Rebecca

The Bobcat sits astounded! It's the first good meal he's had since the
fire and now he feels almost guilty but he looks about at the largess,
and knows the others will also be fed.

He thinks. He needs earthworms and grubs right away. This area was
too high to have good ones and most of the insects seemed to go
someplace else for a bit. The Armadillo family were trying to eek it
out on burned beetles at the edges that others were digging out for
them.

We need fresh berries and fruits for the raccoons. Nuts and grains for
many of them and hay with the grain seeds still attached. Corn, still
on husk so they can eat it easier.

We've run out of meat unless we eat each other and no one has done
that, but some of us are pretty much not able to make it any longer
without meat. Kibble works though! I need to get some of this
excellent kibble to the wolves really soon. He looks shyly at Rebecca
and says they've been making due on the burned bits of who didnt make
it to safety but they ran out 4 days ago...