Old October 19th 17, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

Default Time for catacopter tours

Francescaa makes sure that the onboard teleporter is working, so
kitties (and others) can teleport from the catacopter to the ground if
they need to leave, or from the ground to the catacopter if someone
wants to board after takeoff.

She does a walkaround inspection of the catacopter, then she starts the
engines and gets them warming up. She does the powered portion of her
preflight, finds all is as it should be, and makes a boarding call for
all interested parties. Ranger and Sammy help make sure that everybody
is strapped in and has their seats and heateres adjusted for comfort.
Ranger then adjusts the left-hand seat in the cockpit to have room for
2, and he and Pipps get themselves secured.

The copter lifts off, and Francesca flies it out of the large opening
in the side of the ice shelf. She climbs to an elevation of 500 feet or
so, then turns the copter towards the south.

The catacopter has just settled itself on a southerly course when the
aircraft radio can be heard through the intercom.

"I say, Roadcat Copter 1, this is Rothera Station. Welcome! I wonder
if you might be game for a bit of lookabout? We seem to have lost a
team of scientists."

Francesca queries the station as to last kknown coordinates and
expected heading of the science party, then she banks the copter
around. Once they reach the last known coordinates Francesca takes to
the intercom.

"Ok, everykitty - and everydoggy and everypenguin - we're looking fur
some silly hoomins. Dey was out playing in da snow an dey getted lost.
Efuffyone close to a window please keep an eye out fur da hoomins. We'z
gonna fly a spiral course working outward from where eey was, so we
should find dem."

It's only 4 of 5 minutes later when Zick get all excited and starts
flapping for attention. Francesca sees where he's pointing.

"Fangu, Zick, it look you found dem. Let me call da station - Rothera
Station, Roadcat Chopper 1 has found your missing scientists. Dey
turned right when dey should have turned left at dat last ice ridge.
Dey's about 15 miles eastish from where ey is supposed to be, I'z got a
copter full of passengers, but I can drop dem a 'mergency porter if you
fink dat it won't freak dem out. An da porter will automatically return
to my copter when dey arrive back at your station."

"Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
welcome here."

"Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
Roadcat 1 clear."

"OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for a
bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den when
we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"