Old September 17th 04, 05:46 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article
ington.edu,
Sharon Talbert wrote:

Sorry; I didn't realize how young he is. Our vet tests at 8 weeks. We
re-test if the results are positive.

Thanks. I'll ask again when we take him in for his 8 weeks checkup.
(That's in 1.5 weeks.) I want a reliable result as soon as I can get
it, because I think it's about time to start some direct interaction
with my big cats. Da Queen Bitch has been hissing at him only when he
has something she wants, and if she accepts him, that's the barometer of
whether he can stay with me.

He's getting so big! I've been taking him up to the guestroom for an
hour or so a day to run run scamper run (thud thud), and he's discovered
the kitty condo up there where he can climb up inside and get to the
top. From there he progressed over some stacks of boxes to where he
found a mirror, and he is quite interested in the kitten in the mirror,
with whom he's now boxed a bit. He's also stolen one of my good
sneakers. I suspect he pulled it under the bed by its laces. I recline
on the bed and read while he gets his exercise, but he periodically
climbs up the hanging bedspread to get in a tussle with me or to collect
some pets and reward me with his extremely loud purr.

Don't worry, he's got plenty of room in his palace to climb and wrestle,
too. It's got four levels now, with ramps, but he mostly climbs the
walls to get to the upper levels. He seems particularly fond of the top
shelf, which is level with the bottom of a big window from which he can
supervise the back yard and the big birdfeeder while he catches some
rays. :-)

Priscilla