Old June 25th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Default Do cats get strep throat?

On Jun 25, 2007, Victor Martinez wrote:

jofirey wrote:
Didn't the doctor test you for strep to be sure? They have tests that give
results quickly.

She took two swabs and rubbed them against my throat (ouch!). She said
they would do an instant test and a regular lab test. If the instant
test came back positive, it's positive, but if it comes back negative,
it's not always certain. I'm waiting for the phone call.

I've had numerous of those (worked in hospitals for 15 years) and I always
found that the best deal is a shot of penicillin in the butt. Within hours I
felt relief. Things have changed somewhat I suppose, but even the last time I
was suspicious that I had it, the doc gave me that five-day antibiotic
(Zithromax?) and told me to take it right away. I'm glad I did... by the next
morning it felt better. Not as fast as the shot in the butt (and not as much
fun :-) but nearly as fast.

As others have told you, you can't give it to your cats, but be a bit safe
anyway, as they might end up carrying something to give to others.

As for human contact: FIE! GET THEE HENCE! ;-)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix