Old November 29th 16, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Just dropping in

"MaryL" wrote in message
To say hello and see how you all are. Boyfriend is fine, myself not
quite
as much, I fell foul of my steep stairs again, broke my leg and back. Leg
is
not so bad now, but it looks like I'll have to have cement put into my
spine
if I want to lead a normal life. I had to spend some time in a nursing
home
because my bed and toilet facilities are upstairs. It was not a good
experience.

Oh, Tweed, I'm so sorry you had that experience. It sounds frightening,
but I'm glad you are on the mend. Please keep us updated.

MaryL

it was more than scary. I laid at the bottom of the stairs all night. I did
have my cell phone but I dropped it, and when I felt for it there was broken
glass around me so I decided to wait until it was light to find it. My
hair, all of it, was soaked with blood. Anyway, I got help when I found my
phone in the morning..It was a long night lying there with a broken leg and
back. And thinklng "what if my phone is out of battery?" Luckily it wasn't.

What a terrifying experience! It reminds me of something that happened
to my grandmother (years ago). She fell down her basement steps and
broke her hip. That was long before we had cell phones, and the family
would not have tried to call her because she was supposed to leave on a
trip that morning. Fortunately, my uncle went into the house and down
to the basement because he wanted to borrow some tools. Otherwise, she
could have been left there for a very long time.

Have you considered wearing one of those pendants where you can simply
press a button to reach emergency support? I have one, and I'm pretty
good about wearing it most of the time. I simply drop the pendant
inside my blouse so it is out of the way. Many of them also come with a
wrist band. I think it would be a very good thing for you because you
have had several bad accidents, and you live alone (except for Boyfie).
I am concerned for you.

MaryL