Old February 18th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Claw clipping question

On 2006-02-17, Chakolate penned:
If you're one of the lucky ones who has a cat that doesn't object to
claw clipping, well, pbthbththbbtth to you.

Do you have a method I can try? Have you ever used a hood? Help!

Oscar's my first cat, and I never clip her claws. A vet did it to her
once, and she would jump up on the couch and slide right off! It
seemed downright humiliating, so I never let them do it again.

I guess we're just lucky; she seems fine. She does have a plethora of
scratching posts that she uses enthusiastically, so maybe that's why
it doesn't seem to be a problem. Do your cats enjoy any form of
scratching device?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully