Old May 23rd 07, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Finally got a Furminator

wrote in message
I caught her and gave her a good grooming on her cat tree
and the fur was flying everywhere. Got several large clumps of hair for
our
compost bin, or my wife could knit us a second kitty
--
mers
Craig, Kathi & "Cat Five" the tabby girl

Or...place a few "clumps" of fur in shrubs or trees. Birds will often use
it as nesting material. I even have a gourd with holes drilled in it. I
poke cat fur in the holes, and the birds extract it. I got the idea from a
gourd I bought from
www.duncraft.com. The holes in that gourd are bigger
than my homemade version because the "original" was stuffed with sheep's
wool, and kitty fur isn't that heavy. Here's a picture of the Duncraft
version: http://www.duncraft.com/Wool-Nest-Bu...F-P1901C0.aspx

MaryL