Old November 23rd 13, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

Default Dewclawing Spicey

On 11/22/2013 10:24 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 19:08:40 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:
Poor Spicey.

Did you get to see the vet?

Yes. I took Spicey to TED for her dewclaw issue, and while waiting in the
examination room, she looked so wide-eyed and plaintive, that I took
gathered her out of her carrier, and planted her on my lap. She's not
exactly a lap cat, of course, but she buried her little harlequin face in
my armpit for a minute.

Then she seemed to decide that she wanted her explore her new surroundings,
and tried to make off.

The vet said that despite its impressive shape and size, the ingrown claw
wasn't causing much damage, and sent her home with a simple claw trim and a
shot of antibiotics.

When she got home, boy was she mad! Spicey avoided me for hours, and
snapped at me when I tried to look at her newly trimmed paw. It occurred to
me later that I should have asked for the overgrown claw as a keepsake.

She seems to have forgiven me now, and will even come up to me if I call
her. She's been bopping Buster on the head every time he comes up to sniff
her though, so she must still be a little steamed. But I notice she's
slapping him with her right paw, so it must be feeling all right.

Thanks for the update and for taking such good care of Spicey. It's nice
to hear that she will sit on your lap and come when you call her.

Ann