Old November 25th 13, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Dewclawing Spicey

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
On 11/21/2013 5:17 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:02:48 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Hope it goes well. How any country allows declawing I don't know.

HOW in the HELL did you get DEclaw out of DEWclaw???

At first I read the subject as DEclaw, too. Had to look twice because I
knew my eyes must have been fooling me. Sure enough! It's especially
clear if you actually read Tak's entire post.

Yes, there may be a little surgery involved for the apparently painful
ingrown DEWclaw. It's not the same as having Spicey declawed.

To me it just sounds like USA bashing. Yes, I live in the USA. But I
don't have any control over whether veterinarians choose to declaw cats
or dock dogs ears. I wouldn't choose a vet that would do so, but that
means very little.

Jill

So when my neighbor across the hall moved out and left his (declawed)
cat, what was I supposed to do - refuse to give her a home because she'd
been de-clawed?

scratching head How does not choosing a *vet* who performs declawing
equate to refusing to take in a declawed cat? If there's anyone who can't
do anything about the situation, it's the cat.

--
"...she tells with a little bit of humor the story of the song and the Jews
as they move from the Shtetls of Eastern Europe to Western Europe to America,