Old November 25th 13, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Dewclawing Spicey

Takayuki wrote:

Yes. I took Spicey to TED for her dewclaw issue, and while waiting in the
examination room, she looked so wide-eyed and plaintive, that I took
gathered her out of her carrier, and planted her on my lap. She's not
exactly a lap cat, of course, but she buried her little harlequin face in
my armpit for a minute.

Aww... that reminds me of the first time I took Licky to the vet. It was a
day I had been dreading, because I had no idea how I was going to manage to
get him into a carrier. Anyway, we made it there, though late - it was a
long chase.

When he first got out of the carrier in the exam room, he immediately came
over to me, and like Spicey, buried his head in my armpit. I had gone from
terrifying predator to protective mother in a very short time. It was so
sweet when he did that. I realized that, despite his anxiety and avoidance
of letting me get too close to him, we had more of a bond than I thought. Of
course, this was all before he started demanding I pet his belly so he could
go into toe-spreading, turbo-purring trance mode.

She seems to have forgiven me now, and will even come up to me if I call
her. She's been bopping Buster on the head every time he comes up to sniff
her though, so she must still be a little steamed. But I notice she's
slapping him with her right paw, so it must be feeling all right.

I'm glad she's OK and didn't need surgery!

--
"...she tells with a little bit of humor the story of the song and the Jews
as they move from the Shtetls of Eastern Europe to Western Europe to America,