Old February 22nd 14, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Tastes nicer nicked

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Lesley wrote:

I have a sneaking feeling USA bacon and British are not be quite the
same thing.

I think the main difference is that in the US we prefer our bacon well
done (i.e. crisp) and the British eat it with the fatty parts cooked
through but still soft/translucent. (Which would of course make
left-over bacon unappealingly fat.)

It has the same amount of fat whether it's soft or crispy. (OK, maybe a
well-cooked piece would have a little less fat since some of it would have
dripped into the pan. Then again, the bacon continues to *soak* in that
fat.

I like mine very crisp, which seems pretty uncommon to me. In most
restaurants, if I forget to specify CRISP, they serve me their default,
which is usually a soft, flabby blob. What, no carbon? Send it back!

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher