Old September 20th 04, 06:12 AM
O J

On Sun, 19 Sep, John F. Eldredge wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
When I go to bed, I have to wear a mask, somewhat resembling a blue
rubber pig snout, that fits over my nose and is connected by a hose
to the CPAP machine. A net of elastic webbing fits over my head to
hold the mask on, and makes me look somewhat like the villain in a
pro wrestling match.

---------------------snip----------------------

I've had to use a CPAP machine for several years now. In time, you
won't even know it's there. Fortunately, my Lady Jane Grey still
loves me and lays on my chest most nights. I still get to fall asleep
while getting my favorite type of kitty loving, beard snuggles.

A piece of advice if you find it cumbersome to breath when the machine
wants you to. The prescription for the device is usually written as
something like 12, 6, 4. The first is the high pressure, the second
the low pressure number (in pounds/square inch for our international
friends), and the last is usually the frequency at which the machine
tries to get you to breathe. You may safely turn the frequency
setting to off and your body will regulate your breathing. Try it
only if you are troubled by using the machine's breathing cycle.

Aarrrggggh! (Still a couple of hours left of ITLAPD in CA's pacific
daylight savings time)
O J