Old July 13th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet B

Default Any success treating a cat with a "straddle" blood clot?

On 13 Jul 2006 10:21:39 -0700, , clicked their heels
and said:
On 10 Jul 2006 10:21:37 -0700,
wrote:

My cat while hospitalized for congestive heart failure threw a blood
clot that cut circulation and paralyzed his hind legs.

Has anyone here had a cat with a similar problem that they were able to
treat and help recover from?

I treated for it with a 9 year old cat, about 14 years ago. She
recovered from the paralysis in about 6 weeks (improved daily). She
used her box throughout, and was a mostly happy little cat. 8 months
later, she had failure again and another paralysis. She had just
gained use again when she had her 3rd, and we decided to say goodbye.
She went on her own before the vet appt. If I had to do it again, I
would have said goodbye right away. I was prolonging her life for me,
not her. Her condition would never get better, only worse, and the
number of meds, complications, etc, was just not the best thing in
retrospect. I had never lost a pet before and wasn't prepared for
that, so I was an optimist. I hope I don't make that mistake again.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com