Old October 9th 03, 02:59 PM
Iso

Megan, think about what you just wrote. If the poster decides the kittens
are too much to handle, what do you expect him to do? Keep the cats and live
unhappily? It's his call no matter how unkind you think the decision is.
Also, declawing is not considered inhumane in the US although there are
certain counties in different states that WILL NOT DO the procedure.
Regarding turning the cats over to a Humane Society, or a No Kill Shelter,
what would you rather happen; he put the cats back on the street and let the
cats run free and possibly create a problems for his neighbors and the
community, or at least try to find the kittens a place to live. I don't know
where you live, but in the metropolis that I call home roughly 81% of the
kittens that are taken into the Humane Society and the No Kill Shelters are
feral, and they are NOT socialized before adoption. So you notion of
non-socialized cats not being adopted and then euthanized doesn't hold
water. I understand you are passionate about felines. However, not everyone
in this world is. So, if the poster decided the kittens are too much to
handle, or cant afford the vaccination costs, what is he left with? Post a
sign in the front yard "Free Kitten to good Home?" Understandably, the
kittens DO HAVE A RIGHT TO LIFE. But think about what you post before you
post false statements.

wrote in message
ISO wrote:
You need to consider taking them to the

vet to be checked up and given their
shots.

It goes beyond "considering." This is a must, and the kittens should be
checked for worms and tested for FIV/Felv as well.

You also need to think about if you want
to have them neutered/castrated and
declawed (although it's considered
inhumane in some areas).

Neutering is mandatory, NOT something someone should "think about."
Declawing is considered inhumane and cruel on the majority of the planet
with the unfortunate exceptions of the US and Canada. For you to even
mention this as something to "think about" at all is disgusting and
irresponsible. Feral cats take declawing especially hard and many never
recover. That's the reason I started my website, because of the abuse
inflicted on a feral cat that never recovered and now lives in a cage
most of the time because she urinates everywhere as a result of being
declawed.

If you decide that you don't want the
cat's you need to turn them over to the
Humane Society or a No Kill Shelter as
soon as possible. Kittens are
predominantly adopted more than a one
year old cat, which nobody wanted to
begin with. Do the right thing.

If the poster really wants to do the right thing, they will ignore your
idiotic advice.
Unsocialized cats and kittens are considered "unadoptable" and are
killed. If the poster can't keep the kittens for whatever reason the
responsible thing to do is to find a good home for them, however long it
takes. Dumping them on an overburdened shelter who shouldn't have to
take on the responsibility of someone that is perfectly capable of
housing and finding homes for the kittens is the WRONG thing to do. I
suggest you stop typing such nonsense and start seeing reality.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing