Old September 3rd 16, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Clear Sticky Plastic

On 9/3/2016 11:05 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
Buffy gives me fits when I try to clip her claws. I don't really
understand it. When I first adopted her she was fine with it. She just
sat in my lap, docile as can be. Clip, clip, clip. Easy peasy. I
thought wow, this is going to be a breeze! Until she turned back into a
cat again and stopped cooperating. It's been a real fight ever since.

I've got the claw marks to prove it:

https://s12.postimg.org/o7zgn85st/ouch.jpg

That was just from her jumping down off my lap. OUCH!

She has two scratching posts, one a verticle post which she completely
ignores. The horizontal one is pretty much cardboard and I think all it
does is *sharpen* her claws.

I mentioned to a neighbor Buffy is really doing a number on the back of
the chairs in my living room. I put some strips of clear packing tape
along the side of the chair where she was ripping up the fabric.

My neighbor led me out to her garage and handed me a large roll of clear
peel-and-stick plastic film. It's a Scotch brand product. Wow! Thank
you! Buffy can now scratch to her heart's content and the fabric won't
be ripped to shreds.

I can't say the same thing about me not being ripped to shreds. LOL

Jill

She know now that you will still love her if she plays up, so being cat,
that's what she does. It's like the vets nurses, they nearly all say they
can't pill their own cats only the ones at work. It's great your neighbour
had that film and has given it to you. Buffy may even stop scratching your
chairs, what with her being a cat.

Judith

Yes, it's pretty funny how that sticky tape stuff suddenly made her stop
acting like a cat.

Jill