Old July 15th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default I goofed badly; Bast forgive me!

wrote:
Joy wrote:

That says it's for dogs 89 lbs to 100 something pounds! It would be
dangerous to use that on a cat.

She might measure out the right dosage for her cats - that's what I
do with Advantage. I buy the biggest size (4.0 ml), which is for the
largest dogs. The amount needed for my cats is 0.8 ml each, so I get
5 doses for each single tube*. I have my own syringe that's marked off
at the right spot so I just drip it in there and apply it with the
syringe.

They measure it out in tubes to make it easier to apply it. Also, that
way you don't have to get the stuff on your skin. I would get it on
my hands while measuring, except I wear latex gloves when doing it.
Only problem with that is that Licky knows what latex gloves mean and
he's gone!

Joyce ^..^

I always thought the reason they specify "dog" or "cat" on the labels of
flea products was because the formulas are different - those that are
safe for dogs are not necessarily safe for cats, and vice versa!