Old September 22nd 05, 11:49 PM
Cheryl

On Thu 22 Sep 2005 11:13:12a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Stinky is now moving more or less freely through the house. He
seems to have decided he would rather see what the little vandal
is doing than yield the field.

They are now curious about each other-- Stinky is still hissy
and
hostile, but he really does want to see what the little guy is
up to. And the little one seems absolutely fascinated by Stinky,
and expresses this in that time-honored, clueless way honored
by kittens everywhere-- (including Stinky himself when he was a
little bit)-- i.e., leaping straight at his face. :P Which
Stinky responds to in the time-honored way of mature cats
everywhere-- with a hisspit. Stinky, amazingly, has to this
point, been too much of a gentlecat to biff the little fiend.

So starting last night, things started to take on a kind of
farcical feel. The kitten goes about his ditzy, pinhead kitten
busines, and Stinky follows him at a safe distance of about a
foot or two. If the kitten notices him and reacts, Stinky
hisses and leaves. Stinky goes about his dignified grownup
business (I never thought I'd see the day) and the kitten sort
of lollops after him, keeping at a safe distance, until he just
gets too excited, and ends up leaping at Stinky, with the same
result as above. Lather, rinse repeat.

Amazing how kittens will bring out the grownup in a previously
kittenish cat! Good thing is, that once they are familiar with
each other, the kittenish behavior comes back. When I chose
Scarlett and Rhett, it was with Shamrock's wild side in mind. They
had to be wild enough, and outgoing enough to put up with him. Oh,
boy, do they ever! LOL

Sounds like things are going nicely!

Theresa
Stinky Pictures: