Old July 10th 03, 09:05 PM
PawsForThought

From: (Karen M.)

(PawsForThought) wrote in message
From: Laura R.

PawsForThought ) said,
I find little dust w/ the WBCL, but am now (wondering if the newer

formula
is the culprit?)

I use Swheat Scoop and a woman who works for the company told me to mix

1/4
teaspoon of vegetable oil into the litter in the box. She said to stir

it
really good and that will help with any dust. I haven't tried it yet,

just
wonder if anyone else has heard of doing that. Maybe it would work with

the
WBCL?

Why not just use a cooking oil spray instead of doing all that
mixing?

Laura

Maybe because you wouldn't be able to measure it accurately and end up with

too
much oil? I do know though that they recommend spraying the box itself

with
the cooking oil spray to keep the litter from sticking to the box.
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

So that's the secret to the Swheat Scoop! I swear sometimes it was
like prying a rock apart trying to get the clumps from the litter box.
I just started using a scoop litter called PaPurr Scoop litter, made
from recycled paper. Very little dust and don't see much litter
scatter in the basement. (God bless basements for putting cat boxes
in!) It clumps well too!

Hi Karen!
Yep, that's the secret for non-stick box, or what I do is use one of those
heavy duty black garbage bags and stick the box inside. Then I use a twist tie
to close up one end and that's how I get a litterbox liner and the Swheat Scoop
doesn't stick. Then when I change the box, I turn the bag inside out while
carefully pulling out the litterbox and then just toss the garbage bag.

Lauren
________