Old October 31st 15, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
tess

Default Tribute: Adam Rubin

On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 12:16:57 PM UTC-7, M Patterson wrote:
Adam Rubin was an active participant from the last years of rec.pets.cats newsgroup and on into rec.pets.cats.community until sometime in 2012, when his last kitty went to the Bridge. He wrote for Lionel, Allegra "Great Girtha" (a Soomo contestant and, later, political leader), and "Loveable" Louise, the original Grand Pooh-bah. After Louise left for the Bridge, Adam posted as himself for awhile, and then fell silent.

Adam went to the Bridge himself in April, 2013.

Glad I am that you found the newsgroup, Adam. Grateful that you shared your, yes, it must be said, slightly goofy, entertaining side with all of us. (I have a cassette tape, made at least 15 years ago, of Adam singing the "Great Girtha Fan Club" song. He sent a copy to every kitty household who joined the club as early members...I laughed all the way through when I listened.)

Thank you Adam, you are remembered with great fondness.

Melissa

Fangu fur dis luffly tribyoot Anti Melissa. Myneown mommy spent a day wif Unka Adam in San Francisco prolly 10 years ago. He wuz a guggud hoomin.

Tess